Can You Serve Alcohol at Events Held in London's Event Centre?

Find out what kind of license you need for an event involving alcohol sales in London's Event Centre. Learn about Temporary Event Notices (TENs), tickets, security measures, and more.

Can You Serve Alcohol at Events Held in London's Event Centre?

Do you need a license to hold an event? The answer is usually yes, especially if it involves the sale of alcohol. The type of license you'll need will depend on the details of the event, such as where it will be held, how many people will attend, and who is organizing it. Clubs that don't follow policies on drinking alcohol at events will be subject to disciplinary action and won't be able to hold future events of this type on campus. If you're selling alcohol at a charity event, you must comply with the law and pay taxes.

To do so, you'll need to obtain a Temporary Event Notice (TEN) for each event held at the same facility. You can get up to 5 TENs per year, or up to 50 if you already have a personal license to sell alcohol. To request a TEN, contact your local council if you want to carry out a “licensable activity” in unlicensed facilities in England or Wales. When it comes to tickets for the event, a valid ticket (“event ticket”) entitles the holder to attend the event on the date and at the times indicated on the ticket. The responsible person must have permission from the minor's legal guardian to take care of the child at the event and in case of emergency.

Some landlords organize so many individual events on their land that they exceed the allowed limit of 28 days a year to organize them (unless their planning permission allows otherwise). No child 12 years of age or younger (a “child”) will be admitted to the event unless accompanied by a person over 18 years of age (a “responsible person”) and such child or children while present at the event must remain accompanied and under the supervision of such responsible person at all times. The event must also follow all necessary government guidelines that are in effect at the time of the event. The event has a solid security management plan, coordinated by Event Security and the Metropolitan Police. The terms cannot be modified or modified in any respect (unless agreed in writing between you and PWR Events).

You may only leave the site and re-enter it during the event, at the discretion of PWR Events or the site. Up to 20 TENs can be requested in a single location in a year, provided that the total duration of the events does not exceed 26 days. In summary, if you're planning an event that involves selling alcohol, you'll need to obtain a license from your local council. Make sure you follow all government guidelines and have adequate security measures in place. If you don't follow these rules, your event could be shut down or you could face disciplinary action.

Leave a Comment

All fileds with * are required